The Depot Pavilion + Concessions at Thompson’s Point is a waterfront, outdoor venue on the southern tip of the Thompson’s Point peninsula in Portland, Maine. Anchored by the restored Union Station platform shed that was saved from demolition and moved to Thompson’s Point in the late 1960s, the venue is home to the State Theatre Summer Concert Series, as well as a range of regular programming offerings featuring food trucks and outdoor entertainment, festivals, and more. The State Theatre serves as the exclusive live music promoter for Thompson’s Point.
- What Do I Need To Know?
- General Admission Lawn & Seating Area
- ADA Seating & Access
- Food & Beverage
- Prohibited Items
- Parking & Transportation
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- All shows are rain or shine
- All shows are general admission
- All ages admitted. Kids 3 and under are free.
- Concessions accept cash, credit, debit, Apple, Google, Samsung
- There are ATMs on-site
- No smoking
- No re-entry
- No refunds unless an event is cancelled or postponed
GENERAL ADMISSION LAWN & SEATING AREA
- There is no permanent seating at Thompson’s Point
- Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs or blankets into the venue for most shows. To ensure clear sight lines for all of or guests, only low “beach style” chairs with a seat no higher than 9″ off the ground are permitted. (see below)
- Chairs must be placed behind the designated line on the lawn which will vary in location per show (see below)
- Chair section is extremely limited, so please come early to secure a spot. No chairs will be allowed inside once filled, which is normally around 30 minutes after doors open for a sold-out show.
- Security reserves the right to redirect chair and blanket placement for the comfort and safety of patrons.
- The area from front of house sound tent to the stage is STANDING ROOM ONLY. Or should we say, STANDING and DANCING ROOM ONLY
ADA SEATING & ACCESS
- ADA seating will be made available by request when you arrive
- Parking is available for guests with disabilities including a drop-off location near the entrance. Van accessible parking spaces are located near the entrance. These spaces are well-marked and are monitored by our staff. Please remember that all vehicles must display state-issued accessible parking tags or placards to park in these spaces.
- The entrance to the venue is at street level. There are no steps or ramps to maneuver in and out of the entrances.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- We have hand-picked some of the best food trucks and vendors in Maine to fulfill any craving. Lineups will be posted to social media day of show.
- We are proud to serve a variety of beer selections from both local and national brands, as well as a gluten-free alcohol option, throughout the concert at our main concessions area under “The Depot”. This year we are proud to serve Sierra Nevada, White Claw and Downeast Cider at all Thompson’s Point Events. Please remember – if you are 21+ and plan on enjoying an alcoholic beverage, don’t forget your government issued ID.
- REVERB will be back with their free water station for you to fill up your reusable bottle. Don’t have a bottle with you? Donate for a custom Thompson’s Point REVERB Nalgene bottle. All donations support REVERB’s work making live music more sustainable!
- Patrons are allowed to bring in bottled water (ONE PER PATRON, must be sealed, cannot be frozen) and small soft-side coolers with food.
To ensure a safe and awesome event for everyone, bags will be checked upon entry for the following (in other words, please don’t bring these so we can let you in right away)
- cans or glass bottles
- alcoholic beverages
- illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- weapons (including ninja stars)
- professional photo/audio/video equipment
- glow sticks or wands
- laser pointers
- a bad attitude
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
- The venue’s address is 207 Thompsons Point, Portland, ME 04102
- There is onsite parking for a limited number of cars. Advance onsite parking is available to purchase online through Ticketmaster for $40 per vehicle. If available day of show, parking will be $45 (CASH ONLY) upon entrance to site.
- Thompson’s Point is adjacent to the Portland Transportation Center, connecting to the Greater Portland METRO (route #1 and METRO BREEZ), Concord Coach Lines and the Amtrak Downeaster.
- Thompson’s Point is also connected to the Portland Trails system (via the Fore River Parkway Trail)if you would like to walk or bike to the show.
- Further parking & transportation info can be found at HIKE | BIKE | RIDE